Trying to get back to sleep I realised I was thirsty. So I got up and turned the kitchen light on, poured some delicious water. Got back into bed. Then the cats started being annoying. Then I felt bad for being a slacker.
So I got up, got ready, had a banana and headed off. I was about 10 minutes behind schedule but I knew I'd be mad if I woke up this early for nothing.
So off to the gym I headed, where I was just in time to join a female instructor and 3 lovely gentlemen for circuit training. For 45 seconds each, with 15s to get to the next one. We did the circuit 4 times, with 60s rest in between.
- One was a 25lb barbell plate on a towel, and you had to push it across the room.
- Tri dips
- Medicine ball, throws on each side over your head
- Step-ups with a bar weight
- Bosu ball and bicep curls (6lb then 12lb, 12lb, 10lb)
- Plank on an exercise ball
- Dumbbell shoulder press on an exercise ball
I am extremely happy I went! It kicked my ass and my arms feel like jelly. I also biked there & back (12km roundtrip) so I've already worked out AND showered before 8am, which is earlier than I would usually wake up. Time for some yummy oatmeal (with shredded coconut) and a movie.
|After 45mins circuit training + 12km cycling|